Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Bout of Books #17: Tuesday

I've been reading:
Ghost Story by Peter Straub (pp. 142-228)
Different Seasons by Stephen King (pp. 277-320)
Pages read today: 131
Total pages read: 298

Once again, I fell asleep in the middle of the day today which threw off my reading efforts. I really need to stop doing that... I need to realise that closing my eyes for just ten minutes never actually takes ten minutes.

Anyway. I got a good chunk of Ghost Story read, and as my ebook expires on Thursday I'm going to make it my priority between now and then. I also finished "Apt Pupil" in Different Seasons, which I really enjoyed, especially as everything fell apart towards the end. The next novella was the basis for the movie Stand by Me I believe, which I've never seen but I know the gist of it.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I always forget which is the story collection with "The Body" in; thanks for reminding me. I am terrible for afternoon naps, especially on a Sunday (but any other day I can easily fall asleep for "just ten minutes" if I have the chance.) Happy readathonning!

    ReplyDelete