Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Re-readathon, yay!



I'm so happy Bex at An Armchair By The Sea is hosting another re-readathon- I really enjoyed the last two. I've had a bit of a hectic start to the month so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some old favourites :)

So here's my provisional to-read pile!


First up we have Oranges are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson, which is long overdue for a re-read- I think it's been five years? Re-reading her wonderful memoir Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? recently has reminded me of what a travesty this situation is. So, definitely want to get to this one.

Next priority is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, because I started re-reading the series a while back (I think it was actually during one of these re-readathons) and I've sort of stalled on it. Plus it's Goblet of Fire and we all know it's one of the best in the series.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell-  I loved this book and was hoping to re-read it soon anyway, but I recently read Carry On- set in the fictional fantasy universe Fangirl's main character writes fanfiction for- and that's just made me want to read it even more.

The Secret History by Donna Tartt- I've been meaning to re-read this for ages, and I even shortlisted it for the last re-readathon- but I just haven't got around to it. It's one of those books I think will be interesting on a re-read- knowing about the characters what I do now and all that. That's as much as I can say without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't read it yet!

 A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin- I recently started re-watching the TV series and it's really made me want to go back to the books- I've already read them twice but there's so much in them you really do need to read them a few times. I wasn't planning on re-reading them until we had a release date for The Winds of Winter, the sixth book in the series, so that I had a nice new one to read at the end of it- but it seems that could be a while away yet, and I can't wait. I'm not totally sure if I'll read this during the re-readathon- if I do it'll probably take up the whole time- but I might make a start on it, at least.

Sandman: Doll's House by Neil Gaiman- I started re-reading the Sandman series during one of the other re-readathons... and promptly forgot about them. This was actually the first one in the series I ever read, so I'm quite fond of it for that reason. Also, graphic novels are great for boosting your page count ;)

So that's my current book pile! Of course it could all change with bits and pieces on my kindle but we'll see what I feel like on Monday. I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. The Secret History! Harry Potter! Fangirl! Sandman! What an awesome tbr! I may re-read some Sandman, I've just been reading Overture and it's made me realise its been years since I read the others. Always nice to have a graphic novel or two in the mix as they're such quick reads usually. So glad you're joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goblet of Fire has always been my favourite Harry Potter book but I didn't think many people agreed! I'm not doing the re-readathon because I'm not really a re-reader. I've just got the first Sandman volume and I'm super excited to start it! And The Secret History is another awesome choice! One of my favourites. Have a great ten days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to love Goblet of Fire- there's just so much fun in it. Quidditch World Cup! Dragons! And Mad Eye Moody! And the Yule Ball!

      Oooh, Sandman is so good. I'm constantly telling people to read it, whether they're into graphic novels or not because it's just that amazing.

      Delete
  3. I might start a new Harry Potter marathon during this rereadathon, I'm long overdue a complete book-movie binge and I've promised myself that if I manage to reread/watch the whole series this year I can have a little binge on the WB Studio Tour shop, pick up another chocolate frog and a few goodies I didn't buy when I was there in person! :)

    The Secret History's also one of my favourite books, and THANK YOU for reminding me that I really wanted to read Why Be Happy... (for the FIRST time) this year! Ooooh, this week's gonna be so fuuuun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm jealous! I have tentative plans to go to the WB Studio Tour next summer, as in 2017, which is so far away... but that gives me more time to save up for the inevitable spending spree that will happen. I could barely contain myself in the Platform 9 3/4 shop in King's Cross last time I was in London :)

      Why Be Happy... is such a good read! Seriously one of my all-time favourites. It just works on so many levels as a memoir and a book-about-books and a companion to Oranges. It's short, too, so there's no excuse ;)

      Delete