Saturday, March 26, 2016

Re-readathon: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday

Thursday

Okay, I'm not even going to bother doing stats for Thursday because I read exactly 0 pages, of re-reads or anything else. Instead I was in work all day and then went to see the midnight showing of Batman v Superman. My verdict? Pretty much what you've probably heard- disappointing. There's good stuff in it but it's mostly outweighed by the nonsensical plot and the narm. I probably would have been better off at home with The Crimson Petal and the White, but oh well.


Friday




I'm reading: The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
Pages read today: 29
Total pages read: 136
Total books completed: 2
Snacks consumed: mini creme eggs
Today in six words: Come on, you can do better!

I was off work today but I spent most of the day with my girlfriend- just going about town, spending ages in Forbidden Planet and getting cake in Waterstones. So that was lovely, and I'm not too worried that my page count took a hit from that. I spent the evening doing uni work, as I realised once again that yes, it's the Easter holidays but I still have an awful lot of work to do, and I should probably get some done if I want to relax this weekend.

But, yeah. If the point of a readathon is to read more than usual, I'm failing on an epic scale as I often read more in one day than I have in the last five.



Onwards and upwards though, I suppose. I've got high hopes for this weekend!


Saturday



I'm reading: The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
Pages read today: 49
Total pages read: 185
Total books completed: 2
Snacks consumed: Microwave popcorn
Today in six words: Lots of work, but progress, yay!

10.35 pm
Long day in work today. I normally work evenings during the week, so working daytime on Saturday was a bit of a shock- and it's the Easter holidays too, so, children everywhere and general chaos. I was glad when home time came.

Afterwards I drove to my parents' house where I'm spending Easter and got stuck into The Crimson Petal and the White. I'm very near the end, so I'm hoping to get it finished either before I fall asleep or tomorrow morning. Yay, progress at last!





No comments:

Post a Comment