Sunday, January 10, 2016

Bout of Books 15- Sunday

Reading: The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides, Harry Potter: Film Wizardry by Brian Sibley and Minalima Design, Tampa by Alissa Nutting, It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

  

 

Pages read:  4 hours 41 of audio, 
Books finished: The Marriage Plot
Total pages read: 


Total books finished: 

8:40pm
Pages read so far: 4 hours 41 of audio, 105 pages

I finished The Marriage Plot, yay! That's my sixth book of the week which is unreal. Basically I was so tired yesterday/in the wee hours of this morning I spent anytime not working on my essay in bed, with my eyes closed and The Marriage Plot on. It's amazing how little of it I remembered- I seemed to have completely forgotten the entire second half- but it's a great book and contains one of the best depictions of mental illness I've ever seen in literature. Eugenides, you need to write more than one book every nine years, because you're amazing.

I've been dipping in and out of other books, just for variety. Harry Potter: Film Wizardry is a lovely big book about the making of the Harry Potter movies, with lots of pictures and even little removable facsimiles of things like Harry's Hogwarts letter and the Borgin and Burkes catalogue. I love it.

Tampa I have only read a few pages of, but I'm creeped out already. 

It's Kind of a Funny Story is a book that's been on my shelf for far too long. I love depictions of mental health, especially in YA. Also my girlfriend has already borrowed and loved this even though I haven't read it myself yet, so, that's long overdue.

This is probably about it for my reading for the week- I'm going to make dinner (or more likely, get takeaway tacos from across the street- ssh, I totally didn't do that already this week) and then get ready for my night shift. The last one for a while, thank god! 

I'll add my final stats later, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself. I normally aim to read three books a week, and rarely reach that target, so I figured finishing four, especially in such a busy week, was optimistic enough, but I've actually finished six and read from three others. Mostly just because I've been reading in little snatches throughout the day instead of being caught up browsing reddit or instagram. It's definitely given me a lot to think about!


No comments:

Post a Comment