Friday, January 8, 2016

Bout of Books 15- Friday

Friday

Reading: What Makes This Book So Great by Jo Walton, The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides

 

Pages read: 54 plus 1 hr 58 of audio
Books finished: none
Total pages read: 1090 plus 4 hr 55 m of audio
Total books finished: 4

6:24
Pages read so far: 7 plus 1 hr 30 of audio

It's my day off, finally! I went into town with my girlfriend early because of bus times and other general awkwardness, so I've only had a few hours of sleep. I was planning on having a nap when I got home, but one of my flatmates is having friends around so it's... not quite nap atmosphere there right now. So I'm in the library updating this and I'll head back when they've left for some much needed sleep.

I haven't read much today so far- I ended up reading fanfiction when I came in from work instead of my usual book before bed. Oops. I suppose I could count that in my page count... but nah, I'll not ;)

I have listened to a good chunk of The Marriage Plot between walking into town and just getting ready at home. Audiobooks are really great. I can't believe I never realised this. I can read anywhere and everywhere, any time! I'm even listening to it while writing this! The only problem is when I find myself giggling at bits and then I just look weird. Oh well. That's a risk I'm willing to take. 

So, after my nap I'm basically going to hole up and write essays all night, but I should get some reading in when I need a break from Virginia Woolf and transgender theory and all that jazz.

 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you managed to get a decent sleep and don't lose your whole weekend to essay-writing.

    ReplyDelete