Saturday, January 9, 2016

Bout of Books 15- Saturday

Saturday

Reading: What Makes This Book So Great by Jo Walton, The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides

 

Pages read:  88 and 5 hours 55 minutes of audio
Books finished: What Makes This Book So Great
Total pages read: 1178 plus 10h 50m of audio
Total books finished: 5

7.30pm
Pages read so far: 88 plus 3 hours 34 minutes of audio

I finished What Makes This Book So Great this morning before going to bed. I thought it was great- I've read hardly any of the books she talks about but I really enjoy the way she talks about books- little anecdotes like 'I first read this in the Easter holidays when I was twelve while eating mini eggs' and the importance of re-reading. It's just made me love Jo Walton even more.

I'm more than half-way through The Marriage Plot now. It's amazing how much I've forgotten about it- I remember the Leonard and Madeleine bits but seem to have completely forgotten Mitchell, although he's the one whose story interests me more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment