Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bout of Books 14: Saturday, Sunday and Wrap-up, with bonus cat pictures

Saturday
Reading: The Blind Assassin
Pages read: 25
Total pages read: 329

Hey, it's better than yesterday! I don't think I did too badly today. I worked from 10.30 to 8.30, read for a bit, and then managed to doze off :P I've been really tired lately, between the early starts and starting a new job and all that. Oh well, it's the effort that counts in these things, right? :)



Sunday
Reading: The Blind Assassin
Pages read: 80
Total pages read: 409


11.23pm 
Pages read so far: 69

Today was my last day at my old job, which was... actually surprisingly sad. I did love working there; but pizza delivery pays under minimum wage, I wasn't getting enough hours and coming back to Armagh all the time was doing my head in. Onwards and upwards.

So as well as saying goodbye to my old job, I actually managed to get some reading done today, yay! I'm getting into The Blind Assassin properly now. I really like the style of it, even if it is a bit confusing at the start: all the different narratives, newspaper articles, excerpts from a novel one of the characters wrote... it's interesting. I think I have the potential to become a very big fan of Margaret Atwood- this is the fourth book I've read from her, and they've all been great so far.



Wrap up
Books read from: NOS4R2 by Joe Hill, The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
Books finished: none
Total pages read: 409

So, this week didn't exactly go to plan- I had to work 43 hours instead of my estimated 24-ish, and the craziness of starting a new job pretty much exhausted me. Also, I had to deal with these two:












Cat on the right gave birth to kitten on the left three weeks ago, and kitten is now old enough to run around the house and basically cause mischief and be cute. So they're just the biggest distraction of all. (Note my sadly neglected The Blind Assassin in the second picture.)

Still, it wasn't all that bad. I got a good chunk of NOS4R2 read and will hopefully finish it today, at long last. What I've read of The Blind Assassin was great too, so I'm looking forward to reading that too.

Until next time then! It's been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment