Sunday, May 10, 2015

Re-readathon: Sunday and round-up

Sunday
Reading: Fun Home by Alison Bechdel, Nana by Emile Zola
Pages read: 261
Total pages read: 965

1.50pm
Pages read so far: 154
I finished How to be a Woman last night and I've moved on to Fun Home- nothing like a graphic novel to boost your page count on the last day of a readathon, lol. It's so good- I'd forgotten a lot of it. It's also encouraged me to check out the Broadway musical version, which so far is pretty damn good.





I need to do some serious uni work today, now that I've got my phone sorted at last- after O2 Support couldn't help me I dutifully went with the fix-all factory reset. Which worked, but also deleted all my personal data which is a bitch. Anyway. Hopefully I'll get Fun Home finished today and maybe read a little The Woman in White to finish off, in between my French oral revision, starting three separate essays, reading the last three chapters of Nana and answering seminar questions, doing a translation...

Final year got me like

Round-up
Annnd we're done!

Total pages read: 965
I mean, the obsessive in me is annoyed because it's so close to a nice, round 1000, but meh. It's well over what I wanted to read (100 pages a day) and, yes, it includes two graphic novels, but I'm not particularly worried about that. 

Books finished: 
Preludes & Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman
Persuasion by Jane Austen (started before re-readathon)
How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
Fun Home by Alison Bechdel

and also:

100ish pages of The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
Several chapters of Nana by Emile Zola

I've really enjoyed myself this week. It's so nice to actually make some time to reread the things I've been meaning to for so long! My books were all fantastic and I think it's got me back into the habit of actually reading when I have the time, instead of pissing about online. 

Next up: Bout of Books!




No comments:

Post a Comment