Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Readathons readathons readathons!

I love readathons. I used to do the 24-hour ones on LibraryThing back in the day, and I've been 'reading along at home' to a lot of the week long ones like Bout of Books, but I haven't done any in forever- mostly because with uni, work and trying to have a life and other interests I often don't have the time. But I'm determined to make time, and by fortuitous coincidence three readathons are coming up in the next few weeks, just as I've finally started my blog to take part in them!

First up is Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon, which I've done a few times over the years but I've missed the last couple. It's on the 25th April, and you can find out all about it here. I won't be able to participate for the full twenty-four hours, because 1) I work on Saturdays, 2) I sacrifice my sleep for nobody and nothing, and 3) I have coursework due the following week. It'll probably be a spectacular failure, but I'm going to take part anyway and see how much I can read even under the circumstances.



Next up, Bex at An Armchair By The Sea has had the wonderful idea of a re-readathon, a week dedicated to rereading old favourites. I love rereading books and actively judge those who say they don't, but with my big pile of unread books and library books it's hard to get around to doing it sometimes. I've got loads of possibilities already in my head and I'm really looking forward to it.

Some books that I'm considering:















Honestly, there's so many books I want to reread, I could completely diverge from this list, but these are the main ones.



Last but definitely not least, the following week is Bout of Books. From the blog itself:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. 

Since the week before will be dedicated to rereading, I'm hoping to use Bout of Books to focus on my library books. I have a library addiction that has frankly spiraled out of control as of late, so it'll be good to focus on that.

So! Tell me, are you participating in any of these readathons? :)




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Reading and good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great list you have! I am still working my way through The Chamber of Secrets (reading slow this morning) and am starting Someday's Dreamers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suck at re-reading but I wish you luck. Happy reading! #teamrogue
    #rahrahreadathon

    ReplyDelete