Friday, April 10, 2015

Introducing the Doctor Who 50 Stories Project

So last summer I started a project based on the then-most-recent edition of Doctor Who magazine.

This one right here.

Basically, they did a poll of their readers' favourite episodes, from An Unearthly Child to The Time of the Doctor and everything in between, and ranked them. I love lists like this, especially concerning Doctor Who, which I really love but am occasionally overwhelmed by. (What other TV shows do you know that have 50+ years and 900 episodes of backstory?!)

I took the top 50 episodes, put them in order of original broadcast, and decided to blog my way through them on my tumblr. Some I had seen many, many times. Some I had never seen before. Basically, it was a way for me to fill in gaps (some of them embarrassing) in my Doctor Who viewing and to while away the weeks before Season 8 started.

The project has stalled somewhat in recent months, but I'm still determined to get all the way to the end with The Day of the Doctor (which, quite neatly, placed top of the poll). So, I'll be continuing the project on my shiny new blog, editing my old tumblr posts and hopefully making it all the way through Jon Pertwee this time! 

Join me in a few days for the first installment, where I'll be going back to Skaro with the first ever Dalek story, The Daleks!

Here's the complete list. I'll add links as I go.

1st Doctor

2nd Doctor
The Power of the Daleks
The Evil of the Daleks
The Tomb of the Cybermen
The Web of Fear
The Invasion
The War Games

3rd Doctor
Spearhead From Space
Doctor Who and the Silurians
Inferno
The Daemons
The Green Death

4th Doctor
The Ark in Space
Genesis of the Daleks
Terror of the Zygons
Pyramids of Mars
The Brain of Morbius
The Seeds of Doom
The Deadly Assassin
The Robots of Death
Talons of Weng-Chiang
Horror of Fang Rock
City of Death

5th Doctor
Earthshock
The Five Doctors
Caves of Androzani

7th Doctor
Remembrance of the Daleks
The Curse of Fenric

9th Doctor
Dalek
The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways

10th Doctor
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Human Nature/The Family of Blood
Blink
Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
Midnight
Turn Left
Stolen Earth/Journey's End
The Waters of Mars

11th Doctor
The Eleventh Hour
The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang
The Doctor's Wife
Asylum of the Daleks
The Name of the Doctor
The Day of the Doctor



No comments:

Post a Comment